On 31 December 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan City, China. ‘Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2’ (SARS-CoV-2) was confirmed as the causative agent of what we now know as ‘Coronavirus Disease 2019’ (COVID-19). Since then, the virus has spread to more than 100 countries, including Uganda.
Measures to minimize infections
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 4 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
UAOG Intervetions to help minimize on the impact of COVID-19
The last measure has caused other untold sufferings especially in the area of economic well-being of Ugandans of different walks of life.
UAOG has so far stepped in to